Recognized Full-Time Work for Canadian Immigration – Do I Have to Work Full-Time?

There are a number of factors that determine how your work experience will qualify you for a Canadian immigration program.

For example, to participate in the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), at least 1 year of paid full-time work (or the full-time equivalent) is required. The work experience needs to have been in a recognized and eligible occupation, completed within ten years prior to applying for the immigration program.

The Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) has a prerequisite of 2 years of continuous full-time paid work experience, in one of the many trades deemed eligible, before lodging an application. The time period for this program is that the work needs to have been completed at least 5 years prior to the applying for the immigration program.

Canadian Visa Expert has a team of qualified immigration professionals. They can look over your CV and assess the applicability of your work experience and other requirements to lodge a Permanent Resident Visa application through the relevant Canadian immigration program.